To view the currently paired cameras and vehicles in Encompass, go to Video > Configuration > Device Associations.
A list of paired cameras will be displayed, along with additional information about the camera. Results can further be filtered by the specific camera serial number, or by the vehicle name. You can also sort each column by clicking on the column header/s.
What Each Column Means
• Camera Serial #: The serial number associated with that specific camera
• Camera Device Type: The type of camera it is
• Vehicle: Which vehicle in your company the camera is currently paired with
• GPS Tracker: Indicates whether or not the map tracking feature is turned on for the camera
• Date Added: The date on which the camera was paired to the vehicle
• Last Heartbeat: The last time the camera was showing active and online
• Last Processed: Indicates the last time a video was processed or pulled from the camera memory card
• Pairing Status: Indicates that the camera is paired
• Connection Status: Indicates if there is/is no power going to the camera
Add a New Device Association
To add a new pairing, click the orange ADD in the top right corner.
Search for and select the Camera and its associated Vehicle from their respective dropdown lists. If you would like the vehicle to be visible on the live map/as a tracker, toggle GPS Tracker on. (For more information on camera tracking, see Camera Tracking in Encompass. Click Add when finished.
*Note: You must have all vehicles/units added to your Encompass system for that vehicle to be available for pairing.
*If the desired camera is not showing up in the list of available devices, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Delete a Pairing
To delete a pairing, click on the trash can next to the desired camera. Then click REMOVE to delete the pairing.
! If you need to re-pair a camera to a different unit, deleting the pairing will allow the camera and unit to become available to pair with another unit/camera.
Request/Recall a Video From the Device Associations Page
If needed, a video can be requested/recalled from a camera on the Device Associations page. Locate the camera you would like to request a video from. Click the film clapper icon (middle button). Note: The camera must be Online for the request to succeed.
Select the date of the video event, the time the event occurred, and the duration desired. (A combined total of 1 minute of video from the selected time is available for recall.) Click Request Video at the bottom when all details have been entered. Your request will be available in the Video Recall area of Encompass once processed.
Moving a Device From One Company Location to Another (Virtual Accounts)
If a camera is erroneously paired under the incorrect company location/level of Encompass, complete the following steps.:
- Delete the pairing by clicking the trash can next to the camera.
Then, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
Company name and account number
Camera Serial number that is moving
Current company location camera is under
Company location it should be moved to
A member of the support team will be in further contact with you.
Download Device List
To download a spreadsheet (.csv) file of your device information, click the cloud button in the top right. All information on this page will be displayed in the spreadsheet.