Temporary permits that have been purchased can be added to the trip. Many jurisdictions allow you to deduct the miles operated under, or the taxes paid on, a temporary permit or allow you to take credit for fuel purchases while operating under the permit.
To add this to the fuel tax trip in Encompass, click Edit Listings at either the top or the bottom of the Edit Trip page.
There will be a line for each trip line from the trip entry screen.
- Date - Enter the date or use the calendar next to the field to select the date
- Permit Cost - Enter the fee charged by the jurisdiction for the trip permit
- Receipt # - Enter the receipt number for the trip permit
- Tax Fuel - Applies to the jurisdictional fuel tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Tax Mileage - Apples to jurisdictional mileage tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Apply Fuel - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a fuel tax
- Apply Mileage - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a mileage tax