About the ELD Device List
As the vehicles become setup with ELDs and KellerMobile™ is activated, ELDs will begin to show up in Encompass. If the driver enters the truck number in KellerMobile that matches exactly to the corresponding unit code in Encompass, the ELD will automatically assign to the unit in Encompass. If the truck number was incorrectly entered by the driver, the ELD will show up in an alert called Unassigned ELDs.
In order to get a listing of all of the ELDs in one view, the ELD Device List was created. This is only available to be seen for users with the KellerMobile Admin role turned on. The user should reach out to their system administrator to see if their user roles should be adjusted.
For those Monitoring Odometer Readings
The monitoring of odometer calibrations is primarily done from this ELD Device List screen. Simply click on the serial number of the ELD. Within the ELD Device Info screen, the current offset as well as the previous offset can be seen. When drivers calibrate they are required to enter the correct number on their device. If a driver enters a value that is off by a percentage from the last calibration, they will receive a warning message.
To View the ELD Device List
Start from the Vehicle Management area (Note: The link is not available from Driver Management tab.)
Go to Setup
Scroll down to J. J. Keller Mobile Settings
Click on "ELD Device List" to view the list of ELDs.
Information about the individual ELDs can be reviewed by clicking on the Serial Number of the ELD.
Fields of note:
- Tractor Number - The unit number entered in Keller Mobile during configuration (if this tractor number is incorrect, it will need to be changed by the Keller Mobile user in the application).
- Firmware Version
- Odometer Calibration Date - The last date in which the odometer was calibrated in Keller Mobile.
- Dashboard Odometer - The odometer reading shown on the dash that the Keller Mobile user entered on the Odometer Calibration Date.
Note: These details are dependent on a KellerMobile user being connected to the ELD and has a valid internet/network connection for this information to be sent to Encompass.
To Add ELDs
Unlike other records in the system, notice there is no "Add ELD" button. ELDs are detected from data received from KellerMobile and therefore cannot manually be added. Once the ELD is installed in the vehicle, and a KellerMobile connects to the ELD and configures it, the ELD will show in Encompass.
Can an ELD be edited?
No. Things like Odometers, Serial Numbers and Databus types are coming from a combination of KellerMobile and the engine. These aren't editable on the Encompass® side.
What Can be done?
- Assign and Unassign ELDs to unit records
- Delete an ELD from the listing
- View ELD information such as the last time the odometer was calibrated and what the dashboard odometer was showing
How to Delete an ELD
From the ELD Device Listing, click the Delete ELD link
Confirm Delete by clicking Yes
View Success Message