Firmware updates are vital as they include important updates to the system hardware to improve functionality. The current firmware version is 6.88.154.
Firmware updates automatically begin when a driver logs into the mobile application, connects to the ELD, and gets to the app home screen and occurs in the background.
- When the firmware update is in process, the ELD status icon in the Encompass® ELD dashboard will show green, however, it will say Firmware Update instead of Online.
If a driver is continuously running on an older version of firmware, make sure they are on the most recent version of Encompass® ELD. The easiest way to do this is to go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and see if there is an update available. If they are using a Compliance Tablet, go to Menu > System Menu > File > Check For Updates.
iPhone® and iPad® Devices
If your drivers are using version .198 or newer of the mobile app, they will not be impacted by the update. If your drivers are using a version of the mobile app that is older than .198, they will likely see a message to update the firmware and should follow the prompts.
If your drivers are using version .228 or newer of the mobile app, they will not be impacted by the update. If your drivers are using a version of the mobile app that is older than .228, they will likely see a message to update the firmware and should follow the prompts.
Where to find firmware versions In Encompass
Start from the Vehicle Management area (Note: The link is not available from Driver Management tab.)
Go to Setup
Scroll down to Encompass® ELD Settings. Click on ELD Device List to view the list of ELDs.
Information about the individual ELDs can be reviewed by clicking on the Serial Number of the ELD.
Fields of note:
- Tractor Number - The vehicle number entered in Encompass during configuration (if this tractor number is incorrect, it will need to be changed by the Encompass® ELD user in the application).
- Firmware Version - Provides the version of the firmware on the ELD. For more information about firmware, click here.
- Odometer Calibration Date - The last date in which the odometer was calibrated in Encompass® ELD.
- Dashboard Odometer - The odometer reading shown on the dash that the Encompass® ELD user entered on the Odometer Calibration Date.
- Unit Code - The Unit in Encompass that the ELD is assigned to.
These details are dependent on a Encompass® ELD user being connected to the ELD and has a valid internet/network connection for this information to be sent to Encompass.
Note: If using the Fuel Tax portion of Encompass, the Tractor Number and Unit Code MUST match in order for trips to properly generate. Additionally, odometer calibrations should be done once every 30 days.
Where to find firmware version in Encompass® ELD
While connected to the ELD (ELD Status Indicator is Green), go to Menu > System Menu.
Tap on Diagnostics.
Tap on ELD Config.
The ELD Version Nbr is the firmware version of the ELD.
How to find Application Versions in Encompass
Go to Setup
Scroll down to the Encompass® ELD Settings box and click on Mobile Device List
View the list of devices
The device information cannot be edited as this information is coming straight from Encompass® ELD. Devices that are no longer in use can be removed from this list however, by selecting the check box to the left of the device and clicking Delete selected.
If a mobile device is deleted from the list, but an Encompass® ELD user logs back into the application on that device, it will repopulate in the Mobile Device List.
How to find Application Version in Encompass® ELD
Go to Menu > System Menu.
Tap on Diagnostics.
Tap on App Settings.
The application version is the first field on this screen.