Go to Driver Management > Employees
On the left-hand side under Common Tasks, click Add Employee.
Under General Information, enter in the First Name, Last Name, and Employee Code of the Employee. These are required fields.
Note: Employee Code must be unique and is limited to 11 characters. We do NOT recommend using the Social Security Number here as this is Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Since the Employee Code is wholly visible through the system, using the SSN could put you and your employee at risk for identify theft.
Enter the Company Information.
- Reporting Level: Pick the company name from the list using the drop-down arrow.
- Job Class: Select the job title from the list using the drop down menu.
- Status: Choose an employment status, such as pre-employment, temporary, full/part-time, etc. from the list using the drop-down arrow.
- Date of Hire: Dates must be entered in mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy format.
Additional information can be entered for the employee under Personal Information. If a Social Security Number is entered, this information is not visible to standard users, but administrators have access to export this information.
Click Save once all necessary information has been entered.
A success message will then be displayed.
If an error is thrown saying that Storing the Employee personal information failed. Data would conflict with an existing record, this means that there is an employee, either active or inactive, that already has that same Employee Code.
Social Security Number Masking
Notice that when the license information or social security number is saved, most of the number is masked saving the last few digits.
The system does this to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The full number can still be obtained and is still shown on certain reports, however. The following Reports and Forms will offer the option of printing the full values:
- Driver's Application for Employment (applicants and employees)
- Medical Exam Report
- Medical Exam Certificate
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certification of Compliance with Driver License Requirement
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certificate of Violations
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certification of Violations/Annual Review of Driving Record
- Record of Road Test
- Request for Check of Driving Record
- Request for Motor Vehicle Report
Additionally, these full values can be obtained by exporting the data from Encompass.