Go to Driver Management > Hours of Service. Find the employee via the Find Employee search box or a List View.
Click on the name of the driver to view their list of logs. Click on the Log Date that needs editing.
This is primarily a "view" screen. Click on View All ELD Events.
If a new status needs to be inserted, click on Add ELD Event at the top. If an existing status needs to be corrected, click Edit next to the corresponding duty status.
Note: Drive time cannot be removed from a log (it can be added), so if the change being made impacts drive time, the change will not save.
The Add/Edit the ELD Event page will look like the screen shot below (if an existing event is being editing, information will already be entered but can be changed).
1. Start Time: Indicate the start time of the duty status down to the seconds. If the exact second is not known, enter in "00".
2. Status: Enter the appropriate duty status.
3. End Time: Indicate the end time of the duty status down to the seconds. If the exact second is not known, enter in "00".
4. Miles: Regardless of whether or not there is movement during the status, this field is required. If there was no truck movement during this status, enter in "0".
5. Location: Enter in the location of the duty status. If the status is driving, this would be the location at the beginning of the duty status.
6. Ruleset: Select the rule set in which the driver is operating under. The ruleset will default to the ruleset applied for the day based on the other events on the log.
7. Additional Fields: Fill these out as needed.
Once all needed information is entered, click Save. A message will indicate that the save was successful.
Note: Notice that while only one duty status was added, there are TWO duty statuses pending review for the driver. This is because the added duty status creates two changes: The new status start time, and the new start time of the status that follows the inserted event.
Once the change is saved, this information will NOT reflect on the log right away. Instead, it is shown in the events list indicating that a change has been requested with the status Inactive - Change Requested. This request is sent to the driver in KellerMobile for them to either accept or reject the edit. This log edit request will download to their device the next time they log into KellerMobile.
If a user attempts to add another ELD event before the driver has accepted the first edit, an error will show with the ELD event information fields disabled. Further edits will not be able to be made until the driver accepts or rejects any pending edits.
The Log Edits Pending Alert on the home page of Driver Management will show any pending requests.
Log Edit Acceptance
If the driver accepts the changes in KellerMobile, the edit will be removed from the Log Edits Pending alert and the edit will be reflected on the log.
The View All ELD Events page will then show that the Event Record Status for both ELD events has changed from Inactive - Change Requested to Active.
Log Edit rejections
If the driver rejects the edit, it will be sent back to Encompass to the Rejected Log Edits alert. Notice that both events have shown up here: one for the new insterted status and one for the new start time of the status following the new inserted status. When a driver rejects an edit, there are two possible actions the Administrator can take. First, they could convert both events to Unassigned ELD Log Events at which point the events can be assigned to another driver. The other option is to Clear the events all together to remove them from the list.
Log Editing Tips
If more than one edit needs to be made to a driver's log, it may be easier to have the driver make the changes in KellerMobile since there can only be one pending edit to a given log at a time. Information on how a driver can edit their log in KellerMobile is found here: Editing a Log in KellerMobile. <<Link Required>>