Note: The Driver must be in an On Duty status in order to enter a vehicle inspection (pre-/post-trip DVIR).
For information on handling previous inspections, see Reviewing Previous Vehicle Inspections (DVIR) for iPhone®/iPad®.
Tap the Vehicle Inspection icon on the home screen.
Select the correct unit number from the menu shown when tapping on the unit number.
Note: This list contains all active units for the company (Vehicles and Trailers). If a trailer inspection needs to be completed, simply select the trailer number from the list.
Once the appropriate unit is selected, any previous inspections will be listed under Previous Inspection. To add a new inspection, tap the plus sign (+) in the upper right hand corner.
Note: If a trailer has not been added to Encompass, a DVIR can still be completed for it. Enter in the trailer number. If the trailer is not found in Encompass, it will indicate it is untracked. Once the driver submits the inspection, it will come into Encompass as an Unassigned DVIR-Towed Unit on the Vehicle Management Home Page under the Unit Maintenance Alerts.
Select Pre-Trip or Post-Trip dependent on which inspection type is needed.
The driver will be taken to the DVIR home screen.
- The selected Vehicle will be listed at the top with the type of inspection that was selected.
- A progress bar is shown at the top with the total number of inspection items across all categories.
- The driver is required to enter the odometer reading. Note: If the selected unit for the inspection is a Trailer, the odometer is NOT required.
- If there are any overall comments that the driver would like to make for this inspection, they can be entered in the remarks section. Remarks regarding individual inspection items are placed on the defect themselves.
- Once all inspection items are accounted for (they are either marked as complete or marked as defective), the Finish button on the bottom of this screen will become active.
To go through the individual inspection items, tap on the name of the inspection category. In this case, the user would tap on General. As the individual inspection items are reviewed and deemed satisfactory, tap in the bubble to the left of the item to place a green check mark.
If an inspection item needs to be marked as defective, instead of tapping in the bubble to the left of the item, tap on the name of the item itself. It will bring up a text field to enter in a remark and add a defect. Enter in the remark about the defect, and tap Save. Once it is saved, it will create the red exclamation point() in the bubble to the left of the inspection item.
Once all items have been marked for this category (either satisfactory or defective), tap the DVIR button in the upper left hand corner.
The driver will then be taken to the DVIR home screen which shows the main category/categories. If there are any other categories that need to be addressed, tap on those respective categories to go through the individual items. Once all categories have the bubbles to the left of their names filled, the Finish button becomes active in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Enter in any necessary Remarks in the remarks area and tap Finish. This will submit the vehicle inspection to the administrator.