There are two main places where driver's License Information can be added: Employee Tab and Driver Qualification Tab. This section will address the Driver Qualification Tab.
The License Information section shows up directly after the Qualification Information. To update the License Information, click the Edit button.
Fill in or change the fields:
- State - Use the drop-down provided to select the state.
- Expiration Date (format as mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy or use the calendar) - Enter the next date it's due.
- Class - Use the drop-down provided. Note: This field is setup by an Administrator. If the user is an administrator, there will be an icon to the right of the field with a red plus sign. This list can be manipulated if that icon is clicked.
- License Number - Type in the license as it appears on the license. This is important if the system is being used to order Motor Vehicle Reports via a third party.
- Endorsements - Here, multiple checkboxes can be selected as the driver could have multiple endorsements. If there is an endorsement item missing from this list, it can be edited via Setup > License Endorsement Type (under Maintain Lookups in the left column on the setup page) by an administrator.
- Notes - Although the notes area is large, it's best if short, informational phrases are used. These notes show up on a few reports, but the notes can cut off at a certain point. The shorter the notes, the better.
Click Save once all necessary information is entered.
This is the resulting view:
License and Social Security Number Masking
Notice that when the license information or social security number is saved, most of the number is masked saving the last few digits.
The system does this to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The full number can still be obtained and is still shown on certain reports, however. The following Reports and Forms will offer the option of printing the full values:
- Driver's Application for Employment (applicants and employees)
- Medical Exam Report
- Medical Exam Certificate
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certification of Compliance with Driver License Requirement
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certificate of Violations
- Motor Vehicle Driver's Certification of Violations/Annual Review of Driving Record
- Record of Road Test
- Request for Check of Driving Record
- Request for Motor Vehicle Report
Additionally, these full values can be obtained by exporting the data from Encompass.