Note: The driver must be in an On Duty status in order to submit a vehicle inspection (pre-/post-trip DVIR).
For information on how to handle previous inspections, see Reviewing Previous Vehicle Inspections (DVIR) for Android™.
Tap the Vehicle Inspection icon on the home screen.
If the driver is connected to the ELD, the unit number may already by selected. If the ELD is not connected, or the unit number is incorrect, then locate/search and select the correct unit number fr
Note: This list contains all active units for the company (Vehicles and Trailers). If a trailer inspection needs to be completed, simply select the trailer number from the list.
Note: If a trailer has not been added to Encompass, a DVIR can still be completed for it. Enter in the trailer number. If the trailer number is not found in Encompass, it will indicate it is untracked. Once the driver submits the inspection, it will come into Encompass as an Unassigned Towed Unit on the Vehicle Management Home Page under the Unit Maintenance Alerts.
Once the appropriate unit is selected, any previous inspections will be listed under Previous Inspection. To add a new inspection, tap Add.
Select Pre-Trip or Post-Trip dependent on which inspection type is needed.
The driver will be taken to the DVIR home screen.
- The selected Vehicle will be listed at the top with the type of inspection that was selected.
- A progress bar is shown at the top with the total number of inspection items across all categories.
- The driver is required to enter the odometer reading. Note: If the selected unit for the inspection is a Trailer, the odometer is NOT required.
- Tap the bubble next to the category name to check all items in the category as satisfactory. Tap the name of the category (ie. General) to view individual inspection items. (See below for further instructions on individual inspection items.)
- If there are any overall comments that the driver would like to make for this inspection, they can be entered in the Remarks section near the bottom of the screen. Remarks regarding individual inspection items are placed on the defect themselves.
- Once all inspection items are accounted for (they are either marked as complete or marked as defective), the Finish button on the bottom of this screen will become active.
To go through the individual inspection items, tap on the name of the inspection category (Note: If an untracked trailer is the unit being inspected, the General category will be used). In this case, the user would tap on General. If the individual inspection items are reviewed and deemed satisfactory, tap in the bubble to the left of the item to place a green check mark.
If an inspection item needs to be marked as defective, instead of tapping in the bubble to the left of the item, tap on the name of the item itself (ie. Battery). Enter any Notes about the defect. If desired, click Add a photo to choose a photo from your device, or take a photo directly from your device. Tap Save when finished.
Once it is saved, the inspection item will display a red exclamation point() in the bubble.
Once all items have been marked for this category (either satisfactory or defective), the Complete button at the bottom becomes active. Tap Complete, to finish this Category.
The driver will then be taken to the DVIR home screen which shows the main category/categories. If there are any other categories that need to be addressed, tap on those respective categories to go through the individual items. Once all categories have the bubbles to the left of their names filled, the Finish button becomes active at the bottom of the page. Enter in any necessary Remarks about the inspection and then tap Finish. This will submit the vehicle inspection to the administrator.