Adding/Editing Log Events in Encompass® ELD for Android™
The ELD Mandate allows drivers the ability to edit today's log, previous days' logs, as well as adding log events. When editing a log, there are two things the driver needs to keep in mind:
- If there isn't already a log created for that day, an off duty log will have to be created first before being able to edit the log.
- Any automatically recorded driving events are unable to be edited.
Tap on the View Log icon from the Encompass® ELD Dashboard.
At the left side of the screen, tap Edit Log.
The driver will then see the edit log screen which will show them their log for that day.
- If a previous day needs to have changes made to it, tap the Log Date to change the date or use the arrows to move to the previous or next date(s)
- Next to each duty status change, there will be a button for Edit.
- At the bottom of the list of duty status changes, there will be a link to Add Event.
Adding an ELD Event
Tap on Add Event to get to the Add ELD Event screen.
- Status - (required) Select the appropriate duty status.
- Start Time - (required) Enter the start time of the duty status.
- End Time - (required) Enter the end time of the duty status.
- Location - (required) Enter the location in which the duty status started.
- Unit Number - Enter the unit number involved, if applicable.
- Trailer Number - Enter the trailer number involved, if applicable.
- Shipment Info - Enter what is being hauled, if applicable.
- Ruleset - If the rule set needs to be changed, tap on the rule set and select the appropriate one.
- Annotation - (required) Enter the reason why the event is being added.
Once all of the necessary information is added, tap Apply in the upper left hand corner. A success message will then be displayed.
The event is then shown on the log for that day.
Additionally, the new status will be displayed on the grid log screen in green, denoting that it was an edit made to the log.
Editing ELD Events
In the following example, the status at 4:00PM needs to be changed to an earlier time. From the Edit Log page, tap Edit next to the duty status that needs to be changed.
Tap on the start time, and select the new start time of the status. In this case, 03:00:00 PM is selected. Ensure that the required fields (denoted by *). Enter an annotation for the status as to why the change was made. Tap Apply in the upper left hand corner to save the changes.
The final status is now changed from 04:00:00 PM to 03:00:00 PM.
Additionally, the edited status will be displayed on the grid log screen in green, denoting that it was an edit made to the log.