To determine the status/"health" of your camera/s, first go to VideoProtects > Configuration > Device Association
Locate the Last Heartbeat, Last Processed Event, and Connection Status columns.
- Last Heartbeat: The last time the camera was showing active and online
- Last Processed Event: Indicates the last time a video was processed or pulled from the camera memory card
- Connection Status: Indicates if there is/isn't any power going to the camera
- Online: Vehicle is powered on, camera has power to it, and has a network connection
- Offline: Vehicle may be powered off; camera may not be plugged in; network issues may be preventing the camera from connecting to the server.
Note: If the vehicle is on or the camera light is green, but the status is displaying "Offline" in Encompass, please email support at email@example.com.
WHAT IF MY CAMERA IS OFFLINE?
There are a few things you can check:
- Is the camera getting power?
- This is indicated by a green power light on the camera
- Do any other icons currently have a light on?
- See: Dash Cam Icons
- If the globe icon is illuminated red, a data connection is most likely not coming through
- Follow these instructions to re-seat the SIM card: Re-seating the SIM card on the Dash Cam 220
- Should there be further assistance needed, email support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other helpful resources: