There are two main places where driver's License Information can be added: Employee File Tab and Driver Qualification Tab. This section will address the Driver Qualification Tab.
To update the License Information, click the Edit button in the License box.
Fill in or change the fields:
- License Number - Type in the license number as it appears on the license. This is important if the system is being used to order Motor Vehicle Reports via a third party.
- State - Use the drop-down provided to select the state.
- Expiration Date (format as mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy or use the calendar) - Enter the next date it's due.
- Class - Use the drop-down provided. Note: This field is setup by an Administrator. If the user is an administrator, there will be an icon to the right of the field with a red plus sign. This list can be manipulated if that icon is clicked.
- Endorsements - Here, multiple checkboxes can be selected as the driver could have multiple endorsements. If there is an endorsement item missing from this list, it can be edited via Setup > License Endorsement Type (under Maintain Lookups in the left column on the setup page) by an administrator.
- Notes - Although the notes area is large, it's best if short, informational phrases are used. These notes show up on a few reports, but the notes can cut off at a certain point. The shorter the notes, the better.
Click Save changes once all necessary information is entered.
This is the resulting view:
Note that the full license number is masked; this is due to the nature of it being personally identifiable information. For more information on license masking, see License and Social Security Number Masking.