What will the auditor ask for when auditing logs and hours-of-service compliance?
Auditors will ask for a specific 30 days of logs for specific drivers. The auditor will then ask for supporting documents he/she knows you retain for business purposes that can be used to verify the accuracy of the driver's logs (these documents are referred to as "supporting documents"). Examples of supporting documents include:
- Fuel receipts.
- Fuel billing statements
- Toll receipts
- Toll device billing statements
- Bills of lading
- Delivery receipts
- Dispatch records/reports
- OS & D reports
- Payroll records
- Expense reimbursement receipts (scales, meals, parts, repairs, lumpers, etc.)
- Accident reports
- Roadside inspection reports
- Customs and Border Patrol paperwork
- On board and back-office vehicle tracking and/or GPS records and reports (as of 12/08)