The Personal Conveyance functionality allows drivers to operate a commercial motor vehicle and not have that time count against their drive time.
Company policy determines if a driver can use Personal Conveyance and it must be enabled in Encompass. Drivers can check this setting in KellerMobile by navigating from the home screen to Menu>System Menu>Records>Employee Rules. If a green check mark appears before Personal Conveyance Allowed, the driver can use this function.
Logging Into Personal Conveyance
- A driver can log into personal conveyance when they change their duty status to Off Duty. Click on the current duty status in the green navigation bar.
- Click to check the box Authorized personal use of CMV?.
- Click OK.
- The home screen will display the new status as Off-Duty - PC.
- When the vehicle begins moving while in Personal Conveyance, the KellerMobile clocks will not display. Instead, the driver will see the following alert:
Logging Out of Personal Conveyance
- Once the driver stops the vehicle and the vehicle is turned off, he/she will be prompted with a message asking them if they want to End Personal Conveyance?.
If the driver chooses NO, he/she will continue to be in Off Duty - PC status.
If the driver chooses YES, he/she will be taken out of personal conveyance and be placed into Off-Duty status.
If the driver ignores the message, he/she will be placed into On-Duty Driving status when they begin driving again.
- On the home screen, a driver can also click on the Off-Duty - PC duty status in the green navigation bar.
- Select the new duty status desired. Click OK.