PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE FIRST BEFORE STARTING THIS PROCESS
The steps below follow through the process of purging Hours of Service logs.
This process is permanent. There is no undo or restore option available. Please purge records with caution.
Steps to Purge Hours of Service Records
- Start from Driver Management | Hours of Service Tab and click Purge Log Checker Info (located under Related Areas on the left)
- This Parameter screen allows the user to filter records by:
- Company Levels (Locations)
- Job Classes
- Employment Statuses
- Select Information to Purge
- Mileage Summary
- Log Exceptions (Violations)
- Supporting Docs
- Falsification Reasons
- Set Date Range for Purge. By default, the date range will show From 01/01/2000 to [Six Months Ago]. That's due to record retention requirements.
- Select Purge Options:
- Archive Historical Log Data for Reporting (Logs Only) - This is defaulted on so that the reports remain accurate.
- Purge Log Exceptions for Inactivated Drivers Only - Check this box if Log Exceptions (Violations) are being purged but should only be done to employees that have an Inactive Date (Note: An Inactive Driver is not the same as a terminated driver. Inactive drivers are those with an "Inactive" date, not a Terminated Date).
- Click Purge
- If the To date has been changed to something more recent than six months ago, the system will provide a warning regarding record retention. Make sure that the list of employees listed only shows the list of employees that should have logs purged. If the user wishes to proceed, click Continue to Purge.
- Before answering Yes to "Are you sure you want to purge information for the following drivers", review the list below to ensure the list of employees that are going to be purged is correct. If there are employees in the list that should NOT have logs purged, click No and adjust the purge parameters.
- Note: Clicking yes here starts the purge process so be sure everything is correct before proceeding.
- After clicking Yes, the purge will begin. A message will generate that states "The purge process has been started." This process can take several hours to complete.
- When the purge completes, a confirmation from EncompassSupport@kellerencompass.com will be sent to the email specified in step 8.
Unlike a Driver purge, this purge is ONLY Hours of Service records per what you've selected.
What if the Driver List is Wrong?
If the preview list of employees contains more employees than was expected, return to the parameters screen to find the filtering error. Do not continue with the purge if there are employees whose logs should not be purged.
Items to look at on the parameters screen:
- Check that the option boxes are selected correctly. If one is missed, the system will also miss it.
- There's an outer option box AND an inner option box. Select BOTH.
- Are the correct items selected for Select Information To Purge? (If it's checked, it means it's included for purge.)
- Is the date range correct?
- For instance: Is the parameter for all records from 1/1/1900 to Today's Date? This would mean all recent Hours of Service records would also be included.