Temporary permits that have been purchased can be added to the trip. Some jurisdictions allow you to deduct the miles operated under a temporary permit or take credit for fuel purchases while operating under the permit.
To add this to the fuel tax trip in Encompass, locate the unit by going to Vehicles > Fuel Tax. Click on the unit to open it's Trips.
You can either click the Edit pencil when hovering on the trip, or click into the Trip # and click Edit next to Trip Information.
From the Edit pop-out screen, click Edit Listings near the bottom, next to Save.
There will be a line for each trip line from the trip entry screen. Enter in the following information:
- Date - Enter the date or use the calendar next to the field to select the date
- Permit Cost - Enter the fee charged by the jurisdiction for the trip permit
- Receipt # - Enter the receipt number for the trip permit
- Tax Fuel - Applies to the jurisdictional fuel tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Tax Mileage - Apples to jurisdictional mileage tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Apply Fuel - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a fuel tax
- Apply Mileage - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a mileage tax
Click Save when all information is entered.