Temporary permits that have been purchased can be added to the trip. Many jurisdictions allow you to deduct the miles operated under, or the taxes paid on, a temporary permit or allow you to take credit for fuel purchases while operating under the permit.
To add this to the fuel tax trip in Encompass, locate the unit by going to Vehicles > Fuel Tax. Click on the unit to open it's Trips.
You can either click the Edit pencil when hovering on the trip, or click into the Trip # and click Edit next to Trip Information.
From the Edit pop-out screen, click Edit Listings near the bottom, next to Save.
There will be a line for each trip line from the trip entry screen. Enter in the following information:
- Date - Enter the date or use the calendar next to the field to select the date
- Permit Cost - Enter the fee charged by the jurisdiction for the trip permit
- Receipt # - Enter the receipt number for the trip permit
- Tax Fuel - Applies to the jurisdictional fuel tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Tax Mileage - Apples to jurisdictional mileage tax paid on the trip permit. If a specific tax was not paid, do not enter a value in this field
- Apply Fuel - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a fuel tax
- Apply Mileage - Choose this if the trip permit enabled operations that are assessed a mileage tax
Click Save when all information is entered.